Q. Can we meet you before making our decision?
A. Absolutely! In fact, David strongly recommends it.
Generally it is best to set aside an hour or so for a long chat - this allows him to learn more about you both and therefore helps him to write a more personal ceremony.
It's ideal to talk in person, but he has had many clients from abroad and has used Skype and Face-Time to plan ceremonies! In the end, it's whatever makes you feel comfortable.
David has conducted ceremonies for TV celebrities (see vow renewal page), Premier League Football Players (Testimonial page) and a producer of 'American Idol' and 'America's Got Talent'.
Q. WHAT ARE YOUR PROFESSIONAL FEES?
A. Every couple is unique. I offer everything you desire for your dream wedding ceremony. I pride myself on being able to create the ceremony that is perfect - just for you!
This is what you will receive ...
- A FREE Consultation Meeting.
- Unlimited email, telephone or Skype conference calls.
- Access to my comprehensive selection of poems and readings.
- A bespoke wedding ceremony that will be created by David, individual to you
- Options to include a Hand-fasting, Unity Candle, Rose, Loving Cup or Sand ceremony - at no extra charge
- Freedom to include religious, spiritual and/or wedding traditions from around the globe.
- A Commemorative wedding certificate, to be signed by the Bride, Bridegroom and two witnesses (great photo opportunity).
- A beautiful keepsake copy of your wedding ceremony script.
- Travel to your wedding location within England and Wales
- A Rehearsal with me (the evening before or early on your wedding day) with the bridal party.
- Video recording of your entire ceremony at no extra charge.
My Professional Fee for Wedding Celebrations is £1,950 There are no hidden extras
Handfastings are from £445 .. please see the handfasting page
- £500 deposit for wedding celebrations; £100 for handfasting.
- The remaining balance is due one month before your wedding date.
- You are advised to book as soon as possible, as I only accept one wedding per weekend.
The ULTIMATE .. Weddings in USA with David
- Something totally unique, tailored exclusively to you.
Have your ceremony at your honeymoon destination with David leading the way!
- Beach or Hotel wedding in Florida or California with David as your Officiant.
- Marriage License issued by the State of Florida or California, and recognised as a legal marriage in UK.
- David will attend the Courthouse (in USA) with you both to obtain the legal permissions for your wedding to take place. You need to arrive 3 days' before your planned wedding.
- You may require additional services such as venue styling and a venue and location search. This (and far more) can be arranged.
- A truly bespoke package for a discerning couple.
- All the options will be discussed with you. Fees will be discussed during our initial consultation.
- UK Blessing ceremony (on your return) for family & friends unable to travel to USA with you.
STONEHENGE, AVEBURY and ROLLRIGHT CIRCLE
David offers a reduced fee for ceremonies at Rollright Stones.
For Stonehenge & Avebury, please request a quotation.
Please don't be reluctant to ask for details
Q. What about the Legal aspect?
- Currently in England and Wales only Registrars and designated religious clergy & officiants can legally complete the paperwork for the marriage documents. This means that (for the time being) this part remains separate to your Wedding Celebration Ceremony. You can arrange to visit the Register Office to formalise the paperwork at a time convenient to you - which may be on the morning of your wedding or a day or two before. We suggest you don't exchange rings before the Registrar.
- I do not need to see any documentation in order to conduct your wedding celebration, it is entirely up to you when you hold your legal marriage. Most of my couples make the arrangements a day or two before and attend wearing 'jeans and T shirts' without any guests.
- Your guests need not know your Creative Wedding Celebration Ceremony doesn't include the legal documentation. This is not a problem. I deliver a ceremony which is very similar to that of a Civil Registrar led wedding. Most guests at weddings don't even realise it doesn't include the legal aspect, they are always pleasantly surprised at how personal it is!
Q. How do we arrange the Legal Registration?
- Give notice of your marriage at your local Register Office. This costs £33.50 per person.
- An authority for the marriage is issued by the Superintendant Registrar, and you are free to get married in any district by submitting your completed marriage notice forms to the Registrar of Marriages in the area of your choice for marriage.
- Arrange your legal marriage ceremony whenever you want - before or after your wedding ceremony – on the day itself, or a day or two before. You can literally go in your jeans!
- The marriage ceremony at the Register Office will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- A short statement about marriage will be given and you will be required to repeat a legal declaration.
- You do not exchange rings. This will be done after saying your vows at the Wedding Celebration Ceremony.
- The marriage register is signed by you both and your two witnesses.
- A marriage at the Register Office will cost £40.00 plus £3.50 for the certificate. Including the notice it will cost just over £100.
- You then are free to enjoy your Wedding Celebration Ceremony without any restriction on content.
Q. Can we have our ceremony at midnight?
A. You may enjoy your Wedding Celebration Ceremony at any time of the day or night.
Q: Can we have a non-religious, spiritual ceremony?
A: Absolutely! This is your choice. Many prefer a "spiritual" and not "religious" ceremony.
Q. Where can the ceremony be held?
A. I will work with you to create a "uniquely you" wedding ceremony - and that includes location. I officiate weddings on the beach, or in gardens, in a park or by a pool, in your home or on a houseboat, in barns and on bridges, in churches and chapels, mansions and museums, hotels and halls, coffee shops and castles, at a B&B or a football field, in a tent or in a tree house!
In fact, any place that has special meaning for you. You are only restricted by your imagination.
Q: Does it matter what religion we practice?
A: Not at all. I serve you in a way that brings joy to your day. I am just comfortable serving you in the manner that helps you live out your own spiritual experience, whether devoutly Christian, Jewish, Muslin, atheist, or purely spiritual. It is common for couples coming to see me to be from different religious traditions. Together we work to ensure that both are represented as much as practical.
Q: Can we include elements of different religions and religious traditions in our ceremony?
A: Of course! These make for interesting, rich, meaningful ceremonies. I work with you and your various traditions to put together a ceremony that truly reflects your wishes.
Q. How many Weddings do you conduct a day?
A. When performing Bespoke Designed Ceremonies, David will conduct only one ceremony per day.
Q: Do you perform Same Sex Marriage Ceremonies?
A: Absolutely! David is known as the 'gay friendly' celebrant.
Q: Will David co-officiate with another celebrant or clergy of a different faith?
A: Yes. David works with Rabbi's, Imams, and other religious leaders. Western/Jewish ceremonies are usually conducted simultaneously. Western/Islam ceremonies are typically "nested" where David starts the Western ceremony, stops for the Imam to conduct the Islamic section, then David steps back in to finalise the marriage. The vows can be done at during any part of the ceremony. David has contacts with clergy of other faiths, if you need them.
Q: Can I specify ceremony details such as music, readings, and vows?
A: Absolutely! My goal is for a wedding ceremony that is a reflection of the two of you.
You will be given lots of options to choose from, and I would love to hear your own ideas!
I like to personalise your ceremony in any way you like.
Q: I am divorced, and my fiancé and I have been living together. Do you perform second marriages?
A: Yes, of course! And if you have kids, how awesome! I love family weddings, and have meaningful ways to include children, whatever their age.
Q: I'm shy - do I have to talk?
A: If you prefer, you can just say "I do." Or even just nod your head! I want you to be very happy and feel comfortable. Even those who aren't shy usually prefer to read their vows or to repeat them after the celebrant.
Q: How long before the Wedding Ceremony should we book your services?
A. David recommends booking your Marriage Celebrant as soon as possible. Even up to 18 months' in advance is not too soon. Doing it sooner rather than later gives you a chance to interview a few different Marriage Celebrants, and gives you the time to choose someone you feel comfortable with. Although David prefers to be contacted early, he is not opposed to working with you if you contact him on relatively short notice.There have been at least three couples that spoke with David and waited a couple weeks only to discover their preferred day had been taken while waiting.
Q: What about last minute requests?
A: As long as there is room in the schedule, last minute requests are fine. I work well under pressure :-)
Q: What do you wear as a Celebrant?
A: David will dress in appropriate attire for your particular wedding. It depends on your ceremony style and the degree of formality. I can dress formally or more casually in a dark or light grey suit. Whatever you prefer.
(At a hand-fasting I am often requested to wear my Druid style tunic with a velvet green full length, hooded, cloak). I want to blend in with your ceremony, not stand out. It's your wedding and the focus is on YOU.
Q: What are your rules as to photography?
A: I am very flexible, and cooperate with wedding coordinators & photographers. Flash photography is fine with me, and if you wish, I let photographers position themselves where they can get the best possible photos or video. (However, keep in mind, cameras on the altar area can be a distraction, and will also wreck the appearance of the wedding photos for everyone else, so this is your call.)
Q: On our Wedding day, what time will you arrive at the location and when do you leave?
A. Usually arriving about 45 minutes to an hour in advance, and leave when my services are no longer required.
Q: What if you are suddenly taken ill, or have an accident and can't make the ceremony?
A: David is Founder of the Fellowship of Independent Celebrants Ltd (FOIC). Celebrants are always available to stand in for him, in the unlikely event of him being unable to attend.
This has yet to happen!
Q: How is booking handled and how is the balance paid?
A: There are two (2) things you must do to have a guaranteed booking.
1. Complete the Booking Form (By email, nothing to post)
2. A non refundable deposit or full payment made using BACS.
You are booked when we receive the form listed above and deposit paid.
The balance, if any, is paid at least four weeks in advance of the scheduled wedding. Only gratuities are accepted the day of the wedding.
Q: Is it possible to conduct a public ceremony if we are already privately married?
A: If you've been privately married previously, we'll keep it just between us. Nobody need be any the wiser.
Q. Why should we choose you to perform our Marriage?
A. There are many excellent Celebrants in the UK so, although it's difficult to answer this question, I'll try to offer some points that distinguish me from other Marriage Celebrants:
- I specialise in, concentrate on, and am dedicated to, just one thing - your Wedding Ceremony.
- Automatic back-up! I have trained a number of celebrants, so in the unlikely circumstances I am unable to conduct your ceremony, any one of my qualified celebrants can preside over your Ceremony.
- I am Founder of the Fellowship of Independent Celebrants (FOIC).
- Professional Voice Amplification System. If needed, I can provide you with a PA system (no extra charge)
- Video Recording of your entire ceremony is provided absolutely free.
- My fees are realistic. Like everything in life, you get what you pay for. Couples wanting the best come to David.
- I am a very involved Celebrant. I believe my role involves more than just conducting the ceremony.
As soon as I arrive my work starts :-
- Before the Ceremony begins, I make sure your Musician(s) know all of their cues, and
- I review the Ceremony with your Photographer so s/he can get the best shots possible.
- I make sure the Best Man, Maid of Honour, and anyone else who has a role to play knows what they need to do and when.
- I'll answer any last minute questions you have. Basically, I help in any and every way I can.
- Laid Back! Although it may not seem like a big point, my couples like the fact I don't rush through the Ceremony. My style is more laid back - I take my time, and let you know what to do and say every step of the way. This enables you to relax and enjoy every minute of your Wedding.
- Peace of Mind. Knowing you have an experienced, professional Marriage Celebrant who enjoys what he does, who's main goal is to make your wedding day enjoyable for you, and with whom you can feel relaxed, is worth its weight in gold.
What happens next?
After you have booked my services:
- You will have unlimited email & telephone support.
- I will work with you to customize your ceremony until it's exactly the way you want it.
- You will have your choice of vows, readings, type of service, and many options.
- You are welcome to provide me with your own ideas!
- You can have complete access to my extensive resources of ceremony ideas.
- I will send you your finished personalized wedding ceremony script to review.
(It's not the final draft until you say "It's perfect... We love it!")
Note: David receives several calls every year from Brides who booked their wedding with a "cheap" celebrant and ended up scrambling to make other arrangements when the "cheap" celebrant either did not respond to their calls or cancelled without even offering a replacement. Whether or not you hire David as your celebrant, at least hire a professional with a long-standing reputation.
Please note: you are not officially booked, and your date is not reserved, until I receive your signed booking form and deposit.
Thank you for considering my services!
I look forward to participating in your special day!